I watched ET Weekend for the FIRST TIME tonight. It amazes me how they just pull you in with their late-breaking news that just seems so juicy. I can honestly tell now why I don’t like watching stuff like this. People just make assumptions about Britney Spears and how she feels about the paparazzi and not being around her kids, and how she hasn’t had a real childhood which is now effecting her life, etc. Okay fine, Dr. Phil does have a PhD, but at the same time, has he even met Britney? Yes, he understands having children and wanting to be with children all the time, but please, give me a break. You can’t just analyze something and tell the public about it, regardless whether you’re right or wrong. People need to make their own decisions about what they think about celebrities and their situations. Even so, people shouldn’t even be judging them. It isn’t your job to judge anyone. There is just no point except to make yourself feel better or because you have nothing better to do.
Seriously, who cares that Oprah’s newly exposed garden expert used to be an ‘exotic dancer’? Everyone, I guess. The story is just so juicy that you want to know the story behind it... and before you know it, you want to know the circumstance, quotes...just some assurance that the story is true. You get hooked. But that’s another thing that I think is a bit different about me. I didn’t get hooked as much as I tried to get. I actually tried to let myself be succumbed by popular culture but it just didn’t work. I’m just too different I guess. I’d rather watch Seinfeld for Pete’s sakes. I’m pretty sure I’m just not your typical (or stereotypical, depending on how you look at it) 18-year-old girl.
Now don’t get me wrong, I personally have no problem with news. I think its important to know what’s going on around the world, nationally, and locally. I just don’t see the point of caring about other people’s lives who are exactly the same as me or any other regular person. All I can do is laugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment