Today is my G-ma's birthday, as well as my friend Aaron's birthday. I haven't seen both of them in a while, but I'm going to see my gran tonight since she lives in Toronto and we're partying it UP. She is so cool!
Aaron on the other hand is a strange kid. I don't even want to get into the history I have with him. I'm just glad that now we are pretty good friends, and I can talked to him about virtually anything.
So about class:
'A is either a or not A.' The first thing I think of when I hear that is my discussion I had with my friend who's gay. He said that he doesn't believe in bisexuals because you either like boys or you like girls. I'm pretty sure I agree with him, having ill-quotedly saying 'Gay is either all gay or not gay.' After all, it's basic logic, isn't it?
Anyways, we discussed the idea of structuralism and how we are told there things are in black and white, good or bad. Personally, I was taught about context. I remember my dad telling me "Well yes, it is bad for you to hit someone. But if they hit you first then you have to defend your honour." I don't think I agree with the honour part, maybe if you had to defend yourself, but the defending your honour is a bit epic. So anyways, I just know that I was taught to think in terms of context and circumstance, not just black and white. But I did understand what we were talking about.
I liked the point today about gratification.. how there are people that are satisfied with delayed gratification, the ones who need instant gratification, and the ones who need instant instant instant gratification. This made me think/assume that the people who need instant instant instant gratification are more likely to be the people of my generation. We can't wait for something to come to us, so we go to it. It's like...we have no patience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment