
Oh Frank Sinatra, you're music is just too good.
After reading Neil Postman’s Amusing Ourselves To Death, I felt that I wanted to start delving more into the literatures about media and its history and future. This further inspired me to start reading two books that were mentioned in Neil Postman’s text, but also mentioned to me by others that I have known. George Orwell’s 1984 looks particularly interesting. I always find it amusing looking back at what people thought our world would be today. It is pretty extreme. Another book I would like to read in the future is Brave New World. I remember proofreading someone’s paper in high school about this book, and my first thought was that it was a 'trekkie' type book. At the time I was reading one of my all-time favorite books, A Clockwork Orange. That is one book that I continue to quote (indirectly, since the book is written in an entirely different English dialect) as well as Catcher in the Rye. Those I would say have to be my two favourite recently read books.
I find it funny how there is a new show on CTV coming out called Gossip Girls. I was totally reading the Gossip Girl series of books about three years ago. I always knew I was psychic...
No comments:
Post a Comment