Thursday, September 27, 2007

If at first you don't succeed...

So I got a 65% on the Media Autobiography from Mr. Mark Lipton. I'm not too thrilled, but I'm not entirely surprised either. I expected about 80% on the creative part because it was pretty damn creative. And the amount of effort I put into it was evident, I think ( if you see my last post I mention putting SIXTEEN hours into the creative portion of this project. Also, in the qualitative mind set, I also gave a lot of effort in regards to getting those magazine clippings, printing off pictures, thinking and pre-planning the concept of my work, and so on. But it was not as original as say, the finger puppets that definitely deserved 5/5.

For the writing part, I didn't expect it to be that low. I mean, I know for a fact that my writing is pretty terrible; I haven't been in a real English class for about 2 years. I have written papers and whatnot, and I always thought that my writing style was a bit awkward, but teachers never said anything negative. I definitely tried for the writing, I just spent a lot more time and effort on the creative part because I knew that I would do better at it. I guess I should have worked more at the writing...Actually now that I think about it, since the ideas were all there but just not as organised as they should have been, the 2.5 was sufficient. People in the class were surprised of my mark and suggested appealing my grade, but that's not how I roll. I mean, I definitely understand the point that one can always improve no matter what he or she is doing, and I can definitely improve in the writing that I am doing...I guess I know what my goals have to be for this year!

No comments: