Saturday, November 3, 2007

Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head

So lately I've been subjected to a few situations that have got me thinking, and quite frankly, sort of annoyed. In general, people want to be liked by as many people as possible. And this would entice them to attract attention. So why is it that attention is so desired? Because people want to be liked? I guess it's just a vicious circle that eats up those who are unaware of what's happening to them.

I was just really annoyed tonight at how phony some people can be. They will tell you things about themselves and then you will see them do the exact opposite. Or they just won't be a half-decent, courteous person. Why I am I going to associate myself with these people when they don't even care about me?

I can't stand the fact that girls are treated based on their appearance. And it's basically black and white, except it's the 3/4-and-lower-get-screwed effect. If you're a really pretty girl (4/4), you get treated amazingly by all the boys. If you're okay pretty (3/4), somewhat pretty (2/4), or only a little pretty (1/4) then you pretty much have to fend for yourself and let yourself be heard. But why put all this effort to force a friendship that the others don't even care about because you don't look like a super model or someone on a venus razor ad?

And then they wonder why I walk away. Well plain and simple, they're just being assholes. And don't talk about me behind my back when I am literally 4 metres away from you, just because I've made it clear that I don't want to be a part of your excuse of a party, when you already make me not want to be there.

People are also just really dense and tend not to use common sense. It's what I've noticed about many individuals. I mean, there are somethings that others do that may be obviously and blatently simple, yet the individual has trouble. Of course because I can't say no, I end up heping the suckers and taking time out of my day, when those individuals are usually rude to me and copy off my tests and notes. I don't mind helping you out, just at least be nice to me on a regular basis instead of yelling at me like a crazy lady. And yes, sometimes I can be an idiot. Sometimes I'll act like an idiot and sometimes I'll actually be an idiot. At least I can be aware of it.

I'm so tired of the 'let's-get-drunk-and-high-and-annoying-and-loud-because-we-have-nothing-better-to-do' scene. I mean, I understand that yes, that is what teenagers do, but we're not teenagers anymore! Well, for the most part. Actually, the kids that are still 17 are actually way cooler than the older ones. But anyways, I just think its stupid how we are told to just be ourselves, regular, etc., when everyone is SO phony. Phony, incompetent, and bored. It's just...sad.

No comments: