Today I helped out my friend, who's in film, with his chase scene for one of his classes. He needed a girl for one scene, summing up to be about 4 takes. I think it's the first time his group is getting to use the equipment, so they were a little iffy about lighting and what not. After working on a film production with Lisa, it was amazing to see what a difference equipment makes. They made really good use of lighting, as well as set and placement within frames. And, for this project, they had restrictions: there could be no use of sound, AND there couldn't be any editing. I thought it was pretty cool, and made me want to be a bit more involved in film making, in general. Even the storyline, for TWO minutes of film, was highly developed. We spent basically the whole day, from 10am till.. well they're probably still filming. I just thought it was pretty cool to have a whole 'production day' like that, and the students were so grateful that I could help them out (I guess they needed actors/actresses BAD...).
I'm already one of those people that wants to talk throughout an entire movie. Some camera angles are just SO brilliant, that I can't bear for them to go unnoticed. For example in Trainspotting they have some really good, and trippy shots. Also in We Own the Night with Mark Whalberg and Joaquin Pheonix, the camera angles were impressive because they were so realistic. I think another reason why I feel the need to talk during a movie is because I want to know what's coming next, and I really can't wait for the movie to just run its course. Perhaps that's why I enjoy movies that I can't predict as much, unpredictable movies are my favourites because the catch me completely off guard. For example, last night I watched the Boondock Saints, and I was just not expecting a lot of it. And a movie like The Departed. Most of the find-outs in that movie I could NOT predict. Hmmm, I think I just like not knowing who's going to die next. I guess it's a really gross thing to think about, but if I'm not amused by superficial drama, what would you expect me to be amused by?
Anyways, today was just a fun, but obviously stressing and grueling experience that will enhance my outlook even more on movies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment