Monday, November 26, 2007

Chuck

An Album by Sum 41 is named Chuck. But the Chuck that I'm talking about is Chuck Palahniuk, the author, actually author of famous books/movies such as Stranger Than Fiction and Fight Club. I really would like to read some of his books, especially the one called Choke. My best friends were reading it and told me that I would like it, but I just never got around to reading it myself. Apparently it's about this guy who scams fancy restaurants by pretending to choke on their food. Then the restaurants feel bad and send him financial compensation. It looks like a book that I would like to read, and not just because I would have to read it, for recreational reading.
The one thing I think that's cool about mainstream, Oprah-recommended books is that it gets youth to start reading again. I remember when A Million Little Pieces by James Frey came out, EVERYONE was reading again. The people that I least expected were reading. I remember wanting to read James Frey's other book called My Friend Leonard, instead. I think it was because one of my best friends Andrew, was friends with one of the Special Education kids at our school, and his name was Leonard. I've always liked working with people with special needs, but Andrew just liked being friends with him. So I guess the title of the book reminded me of Andrew. Also, this was the first (and, well, only) book I had ever seen Andrew read. So I really wanted to read it that year (I believe it was two years ago) I still haven't gotten around to it...so I guess this is yet another book that I want to read.

Picture From: http://vivisect.org/

No comments: