Monday, November 26, 2007

The Essential Guide to Natural Healing

Have you heard of Doctor Andrew Weil? Apparently he's America's best known doctor, and he's a naturalist!

When I go to Chapters bookstore I have three magazines that I pick up on a pretty regular, bi-monthly basis: Photolife, Discover, and Snowboarder. I'll admit, I do have one or two CosmoGirl and Ebony, but I mostly use them for projects and collages and whatnot.

Photolife just has a lot of amazing pictures, and I love photography so I'm never let down when I get my Photolife mag. Some of the articles in there are interesting as well. Discover is a magazine that I definitely buy to enhance my knowledge and generally become aware of what's going on in the world. And Snowboarder? Well, I am a snowboarder, but not a very good one at that, so I like looking at pictures of the pros doing what they do, hoping that eventually I'll get that good. And some of the articles are pretty good.

The last time I did a magazine pick up I got those three, as well as Dr. Andrew Weil's Essential Guide to Natural Healing. This interested me because I was introduced to naturopathy and other alternative health methods at an early age. Since I had atopic dermatitis which connects to the fact that I just have a terrible immune system, I went through many so-called remedies. This included a bunch of chemical creams, cortisone (My dad used to tell me that I could get kicked out of soccer because I was using a steroid, I thought I was so bad-ass), as well as homeopathy, and other natural/organic foods and health products. So I really just wanted to express my interest and enthusiasm that I feel when I realize what's waiting for me in my magazine bin. I peeked at some of the articles today and they look verrrry interesting. They range from articles about acupuncture and other physical remedies, to recipes for very healthy meals. Considering it was a VERY expensive magazine (thirteen bucks!) I am pretty impressed.

Good buy. Plus, dude's beard is poppin!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

No comments: